cfile

Zoo Hybrid Card & invite

Zoo Hybrid Card & invite
cfile, Mar 8, 2013
Description:
Made B Party invite for my friend's daughter's Zoo BD Party. I then made a 3d BD card to go with it.. Used Kate Hadfield's Safari Milarky & Scruffy and Stripey alpha..
I made an extra of the elephant and cut out the head and used foam sticky to make card 3d... also for the back of the card, I adjusted Kate's elephant for a "back end"... TFL!
    • Ink and Pixels
      This invitation is so adorable!! How lucky to be able to send out such a cute invitation, she must have loved it. I'm glad you explained how you did the elephant behind... That is the icing on the cake! Too cute!
    • cfile
      Thanks Nicole.. the elephant's behind took a lot of cutting out with the polygonal lasso the clone tool, the healing tool and the marquee rectangle.. some mask work too!

I really love the way the 3d worked out on the front of the card with the elephants head... that I used sticky foam in between and I love the dimension! I was going to do the head again which is why I now have the extra, but it made it too thick... also the please don't feed the anumals sign I had to add a layer of color, then noised it and then burned the edge to be able to make it a sign to write on. (I used the extra head for the envelope and just glued it to the front!)

Amy has the invite, but the party isn't till the end of the month so Ema has not gotten the card yet. I can't wait to give it to her! I wanted to get her the movie "We bought a Zoo" but not sure if Amy has that for the girls yet. :)
    • akizo
      aww this is sooo cute invitation!
    • livelys
      Just an adorable set!! I love the care you took to make it 3d, with the back of the elephant & everything else. Lovely work , I hope Ema had a great birthday!
    • Kate
      Oh my GOODNESS! This is amazing Christa! Wow! I love how you made the elephant's "reverse" side from the doodle and added some dimension to the card, this is so creative!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kate Hadfield
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Mar 8, 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: