*gina*

those were the days

those were the days
*gina*, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Day 26 - Tradition/Heritage (Journaling)

Roots: Collection by Dawn Inskip
photo: private

Journaling:
This photo shows my mom with her brother Kurt and her sisters Helene and Margarethe. My grandma liked it to have all the same clothes to all of them. And therefore she knitted the scraps and the caps. My mom told me that she always hated this. Especially when they her sisters got new outfits. My mom was the youngest and so she had to wear the outfits of her sisters when they were outgrown of their clothes. So my mom often looks grimly on the old photos. When she was a child she dreamed about her own new outfit. Sometimes my grandma gave an old outfit to the dressmaker to change it a little - so it looked like a new one. But my mom knew it - it wasn’t new.
When mom was grown up she liked to buy a new outfit. Often she sewed it by herself because she had not a lot of money at that time.

160 words
    • marijke
      Beautiful heritage page ... I recognise your journaling ... my mother told me the same story ...
      *gina* likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      lovely storytelling.
      *gina* likes this.
    • Iowan
      This story is great and I’m so glad you have the absolutely perfect photo for it. I like how the entire page is tilted and the blend of your title. Thanks for playing along in the heritage challenge.
      *gina* likes this.
    • Saar
      Beautifully done. Love the photo and your beautiful clusters. Loved the story. Beautiful work.
      *gina* likes this.
    • Anny-Libelle
      What a beautiful story Gina! I can understand your mom :)
      Stunning page! Love it!
      *gina* likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Great photo and wonderful page.
      *gina* likes this.
    • rchansen
      I absolutely LOVE heritage pages. What a wonderful story and how fortunate you are to have such a lovely photo. Beautiful page!!
      *gina* likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    *gina*
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    191.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).