Serena

The Giving Tree (Trust)

The Giving Tree (Trust)
Serena, Aug 17, 2017
Description:
Here is my layout for the journaling challenge found here!

Journaling:

A boy found a tree once.

"Oh Tree!" He said.
"You are the most beautiful tree I have ever seen!"
She smiled and her leaves shuddered with surprise.
"Will you give me your heart and I will give you mine?"
But the Tree was fearful for she had been hurt before.
"I will give you my best leaf!" And she dropped her favorite
leaf.
The boy watched as it fell and looked at it as it laid on the ground
and wrinkled his nose. "Thank you," he said politely, "it is a lovely
leaf." And he went home. The next day, the boy came and stood by
the tree and the leaf.
"Oh Tree! You are the most beautiful tree I have ever seen! Will you
give me your heart today?"
The tree thought and thought and finally smiled. She then dropped a
whole bunch of leaves at his feet and stood proud.
He looked at the leaves for a moment and smiled a bit. "Those are lovely
leaves, thank you." He then went home and the tree drooped a bit.
The next day, the boy came back and stood between the leaves in front
of the tree.
"Oh Tree, you are the most beautiful I have ever seen! Will you give me
your heart today?"
The tree thought and thought and thought then finally shivered and dropped a branch. The boy looked at the branch and sighed and went back home.
The next day the boy came back and looked up.
"Oh Tree! You are the most beautiful tree I have ever seen, I have brought my heart in my hand every day and yet you still do not give me yours!"
The tree drooped sadly and sighed.
"I have given you my best leaf, yet you did not want it. I gave you a pile of my leaves, yet they were not good enough for you. I gave you my best branch, yet it was not exactly what you wanted. Each of these if you look closely enough has pieces of my heart on them, but you do not want them. If I cannot trust you with these, how can I trust you with my heart?"

Credits:

Allison Pennington: Talk to Me, Lovely Day: Patterns & Backgrounds, At A Glance: Scribbles
Amber LaBau: Stories to Tell
Pink Reptile Designs: It's A Zoo | Elements
Just Jaimee: Travelogue, Storyteller 2017 August
Mommyish: June 2017 BYOC Styles, Cu - Stylin' #172 - Gel-Rubber, CU - Branching Out #1
Little Butterfly Wings: A True Friend - Boys {collab}
Sahlin Studios: like a boss (kit)
bbymks5, MrsPeel, KittyY and 2 others like this.
    • bellbird
      oh gosh i cry badly when i read this book - every.time. beautiful artistic interpretation of it too - sniff!
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      Thank you (@bellbird )Miss Justine!! Someone's first answer when I allow my pain to show through and make any noise, or show that I'm having ANY trouble is to try and take me to the hospital. It makes things worse, because they never have pain meds that work anyway if they give me something 'big' and most times they just tell me to take tylenol and advil. So I have to bury it deep. There's many other things I have to keep locked up. I'm not allowed to vent for different reasons, I have to be the good, presentable mom, just.. a bunch of things. I was caught offguard when asked "Why won't you let me in??!?!" in a very annoyed way, and just happened to be hurting (I pulled my back on Saturday) pretty bad... I moved and ended up crying out slightly which ended up unintentionally derailing the convo and got pitched the "we're going to the hospital" shpeel again.

I kept thinking about how if I can't even trust you with my pain, how can I trust you with anything else? And for some reason a tree came to mind because I always have to be strong and I can never fully mourn or deal with something because I have to immediately hide it. Then I was working on the layout in my head and remembered the Giving Tree. I'm glad you liked it, thank you for taking the time to look and see the pieces of my heart! <3<3<3
    • HappyMamacita
      Wow! Love! ❤️
      Serena likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      oh my goodness Serena! this is so beautiful. what a way to express what you are feeling ... and so glad the challenge helped you break a little of that scrapper's block at the same time. i am always amazed at the members of this community that struggle with pain either often or day in and day out and yet are the kindest of people to interact with here - so many come to mind - you among them sweet Serena! i hope you can express a little of this in a way that your loved ones can understand what you are feeling. huge but gentle hugs to you - is your back feeling a little better?
      Serena likes this.
    • KittyY
      unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!! the details are gorgeous!
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
    • Serena
      @jenn mccabe Your words totally made me cry, THANK You for listening and seeing! My back is doing much better, I was worried at first because the pain was excruciating and wasn't letting up but it's slowly getting better, I can only imagine what our poor Cheryl has to deal with and her back! It amazes me how strong people are!

I'm starting to crack and crumble a little (with different things and before the back), so this was definitely scrapping therapy for me and I appreciate your support in this! SUPER hugs!
    • MrsPeel
      by what Justine @bellbird is saying...is the text part of a book? If so, I would love to know which one is it, because knowing you, and seeing the page, and reading on here, I would really love to read the book.... I can feel that kind of pain of every word, and I can feel you in each and every one...actually, I am almost speechless (rare thing with me!!!) I wish , oh how I wish I was geographically closer. I have said this to you before, but your part as a Pad family member makes my heart more complete..... again, how I wish we were geographically closer (or I had tons of money to travel and be with you right now!!!!!!!) pure awesomeness, and I am in tears and my throat breaks,.......LOVE the page. Once again, your artistic interpretation (as Justine well said) is awesome and the whole thing brings that always amazing feeling of how the scrapbook can turn ugly , not so beautiful or hurtful things into master pieces of art!!!!!!!!![​IMG]
      Serena likes this.
    • bellbird
      hey Cynthia @MrsPeel heading to bed but saw this and wanted to say yes it's an older picture book called The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, most libraries would have it - https://www.amazon.com/Giving-Tree-...060256656/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 - it's like Seuss's The Lorax in that there are timeless meanings for all in it and once read, it stays with you - Forever Joy's Love You More kit inspired by the book too (sorry for jumping back in Serena! I don't want to say anything trite about managing pain i can't imagine but I hope venting like this here continues to be therapeutic for you in some small way)
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      @bellbird thanks so much!!!!!!!!! sleep well!!!!!!!! we ll talk tomorrow (for you!!! LOL ) Hugggzzzz
      bellbird likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Serena
    Date:
    Aug 17, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    581.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).