yzerbear19

Storyteller

Storyteller
yzerbear19, Jan 11, 2016
Description:
The word I picked to describe myself was Storyteller because I am my family's storyteller. I love doing genealogy research and uncovering our family's stories. In my layout I included several family photos, a census record, a portion of our family tree, an article about my 2nd great grandfather's murder. The photo of the grave is my great-grandmother who was a bit of a mystery to us.

Journaling Says:
Growing up I always loved listening to my Grandma’s stories of our family because they were so fascinating and interesting. As I grew up my love of history and family history grew. Back in September 2009 I finally took the step into the world of genealogy. I instantly fell in love and couldn’t stop. I loved discovering all the interesting stories about our family. I sort of took over the role of storyteller for our family. Through my research I learned that one of the stories my Grandma had told me when I was a little girl was actually true. I had uncovered the truth and shared the story. I love sharing my finds with my family because this is their story as well. There is so much joy in uncovering the stories and being able to share them with others. I often use scrapbooking as a way to share those stories and preserve them. I feel so blessed to have a passion for history and genealogy. It is important to preserve our stories and learn from those who have come before us. It is a never ending task because there are always more stories to find and to tell.

Credits:
Life as we know it by Sugarplum Paperie and Sahlin Studio
Worn by One little bird and Sahlin Studio
Layered ephemera paper stacks by Sahlin Studio
Key to my heart by Sahlin Studio
ckcpurple and norton94 like this.
    • MelanieB
      I'm so glad you decided to participate in MOC, because all your layouts have been fabulous & I love seeing them in the gallery! This is outstanding! Your layering & shadowing is amazing! I love the antique colours against the pink. What a wonderful thing you are doing for your family!
      yzerbear19 likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      beatuiful collage page - this is gorgeous!
      yzerbear19 likes this.
    • amandac
      Melissa! I love the way your page has evolved to the wonderful LO before us. Your journaling is heartfelt and I can feel your passion for being a storyteller! Thanks so much for sharing this with us and playing along with the challenge!
      yzerbear19 likes this.
    • aballen
      This is so perfect! You chose the right word for you. I love how you tell your stories!!
      yzerbear19 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    yzerbear19
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    188.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).