Saar

Saar
Saar, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
English: 212 words
Dutch: 228 words

Credits:
- Obsession - Just Jaimee & Studio Basic
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2016-February-Collab-Obsession-Add-on.html
- Learn to fly - Fiddle Dee Dee
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Learn-To-Fly-Dressed-Up-Digital-Scrapbook-Template.html

One of my New year’s resolutions is scrapping more pages about me and adding them to my 2018 PL book. This layout tells the story about my nickname and about how it got it. My real name is Sarah, but when you want to register to a forum or a board, this name is probably taken already. So I started searching for another name. As a teenager I was passionate about Greek mythology. So I took a nickname based on one of the goddesses in Greek mythology. My nickname was Selena, the Greek goddess of the moon. But after a few years, I outgrow my nackname. So the search for another one started again. During that time, 2005, I often went to see the Magical Flying Thunderbirds with friends. They were a Belgium coverband. The leadsinger of the band his name is Philippe, but he called himself Phile Magical Fly or short PhileMF. So my friend and I called ourselfs NeleMF (my friend) and SaarMF (me). Saar is in Dutch the short version for Sarah. In the meanwhile, I dropped the MF, but I kept Saar. To make a long story short… My nickname is just the short version of Sarah. Some real life friends even call me Saar instead of Sarah.
BevG likes this.
    • cfile
      :) love it :) I often wondered what your real name was. Great explanation and journaling an Saar is a very pretty and unique and like you said still means Sarah :) beautifully scrapped! Your shadowing is awesome.. page looks like a paper page :) well done!
      Saar likes this.
    • Pachimac
      I love your wings and your amazing shadowing!!!
      Saar likes this.
    • Ferdy
      your shadows here are amazing! love those wings too!
      Saar likes this.
    • redplaid3
      This layout has a lovely dreamy feel.
      Saar likes this.
    • Rikki
      Lovely story. Names of goddesses are always good, but I can see that one sometimes gets enough of them.
      Saar likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love that you found a name that meant the same in another language! That's a neat way to pick a user name! The angel wings reflecting your previous name are beautiful.
      Saar likes this.
    • Anny-Libelle
      What a nice story and so beautiful page!
      Saar likes this.
    • tinkerbell1112
      wow, your clusters are stunning!
      Saar likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Such a fun evolution of your username. Love the layers behind your photo.
      Saar likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Saar
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    169.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).