bbymks5

Our Story

Our Story
bbymks5, Jan 12, 2018
Description:
Little Acorns by Dawn Inskip (stitched frame and stitching)
Little Days (all papers and elements) by ForeverJoy Designs
Wonderful You Template by Lynn Grieveson

Journaling 395 words.

My labor with you started out just like those of your sisters and I had every reason to believe my wish of having a drug free childbirth was finally going to happen! When we arrived at the hospital, they checked me and said my bag was bulging, so I was going to be admitted despite the fact that my contractions didn't seem to be in any regular pattern (which was normal for me). I wanted to walk the halls to speed things up, but they kept asking question after question and took forever to get my IV started that I got out of the zone I had worked so hard to get into at home. Once I was out of my zone I had a very hard time with the pain, my labor slowed down and once my water did break your heart rate would drop extremely low with each contraction. They rolled me onto my side, stuck a big red pillow between my legs, and when that didn't help your heart rate, they had to add fluids back into my uterus! My Dr. told me if that didn't help keep your heart rate up I would have to go in for an emergency c-section! I panicked!! I didn't understand why my labor was taking much longer than it did with your sisters, and I didn't understand what was going on with your heart rate. After the panic was gone I got really pissed! I was pissed they wouldn't let me walk around while asking their questions I was pissed nobody listened to me when I told them my contractions never really got regular with my other two labors and I was pissed that my last time having a baby was not only drug free, but might end up with a c-section! Your heart rate improved with the added fluid, and I ended up pushing for about an hour, more than double the time with either of your sisters! When you finally came out, the room the room went DEAD silent! I knew something was wrong as you didn't come out crying, your cord was wrapped around your neck a few times! They got the cord free and you finally started to cry, which was music to my ears! You gave us quite the scare, but was so relieved when all was said and done.
    • HeatherB
      Oh my goodness, that would have been the scare of a lifetime! So glad that everything turned out ok in the end. You have a great storytelling style - loved reading your journaling! And what a sweet photo of your daughter. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @HeatherB Thank you!! Had this been my first labor, it would have been the last, I would have been terrified to have another baby! My second choice was to do a layout of my stepsons birth since he was born at 26 weeks weighing just over a pound if I remember correctly, but between not being able to find the album and hubby not giving me enough words I went with our last labor LOL
      HeatherB likes this.
    • HeatherB
      @bbymks5 My youngest was born at 28 weeks, so I know something of what he would have gone through. If he had been my first, he probably would have been my last, kwim?!
      bbymks5 likes this.
    • bbymks5
      @HeatherB It's amazing how tiny they are when they're 26-28 weekers! Austin was his first child, so between that scary labor and our last, he was DONE having kids! He was always afraid our girls would be really early too, which I can't blame him. Even when Austin came home after 4 months in the hospital, the scares didn't end.
      HeatherB likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    bbymks5
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).