Nightshadow

Nightshadow...the story...such as it is. :)

Nightshadow...the story...such as it is. :)
Nightshadow, Jan 19, 2018
Description:
Kit used: Lily Pad collab "Treasured", blog hop freebies and The Places
https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-Treasured-The-Places.html
Background paper-Lynn Grievson
Paint-A Pennington
Graffiti paint-Bella Gypsy
Flower and doodle stamp-Amy Wolff
    • sbpoet
      Ah, I would love it if you would include the text in your description (near sighted old-eyes).
    • Nightshadow
      @sbpoet Here you go, so sorry.

As with may other Pad members, the story behind my user name isn't very interesting, but here it is anyway. I was given my user name "Nightshadow" a long time ago (sometime during 2000) by an online friend. This was back in the heyday of creating and using cyber stationery in email. She and I had taken a set of free online classes for Paint Shop Pro and afterwards we went on to creating images for email stationery. We used to chat a lot via email and even though she lived in Texas and I lived in Florida it worked for us because I've never been an "early to bed" type of person. At some point I mentioned that I would like to have an online user name but couldn't think of one. My friend suggested I used "Lady Nightshade" because the "Lady" title was very popular then and of course since I was often up until the wee hours. I thought about this and decided I didn't like the "Nightshade" part since the first think it made me think of was the poisonous plant Deadly Nightshade...I also wasn't too thrilled about the "Lady" part of the name because on occasion, I'm anything but...LOL.

About a week went by with each of us coming up with our ideas and finally one of us (I don't remember who) came up with "Nightshadow". I liked it, but little did I know how popular that name already was. It seemed fitting that I should use the new name as my email address but discovered that the name was already taken. I was able to get the name "thenightshadow1".

Some time later, when I decided to write tutorials for Paint Shop Pro, I tried to buy the domain "nightshadow.com" but to my surprise it was already taken. I changed it to nightshadowfx.com which was available and I've owned that domain ever since. Over the years I've found that often I have to add a number or another word to my user name in order to use it...just my luck...Ha!​
      sbpoet likes this.
    • bestcee
      Night owls unite! I like that it was available here with no extra letters or numbers! The lady you used is pretty haunting and awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Nightshadow
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    190.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).