mirjam

MOC 2018 | 26. I Still Love That Chair

MOC 2018 | 26. I Still Love That Chair
mirjam, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
journaling reads [207 words]:
My mom fell in love with this rotating chair when she and my dad went looking for fourniture for their first home after they got engaged. It was way over their
budget but my mom started saving and in the end they were able to buy it after all. It was super trendy and hyper modern at the time. I have ALWAYS loved the chair too. My mom says that I could play, rotate and sleep in it for hours.
In time the chair got tattered and my mom wanted to get it re-upholstered but couldn’t find a craftsman that was brave enough to take on the job.
Apparently it is quite difficult to do with the folds and the quirky shape of the chair. So, it ended up in the attic. When Gurt and I bought our new home I knew that chair was what I wanted as an eye catcher in our bedroom. My mom loved the idea that she was able to pass on her chair-crush as sort of an heirloom and I managed to find a retired upholsterer that wanted to fix it up and give it a new leather coat. I am so happy it’s in it’s full glory again.

credits:

elements: rimmed brad 'wallpaper' [simple things], numbers om paper strips [the when daters], metal rimmed brad deer, rusty button [awesome sauce],
wordart 'memories' [greetings from], multi colored button [our life], copper charm, knotted ribbon [charmed]
papers: teal paper [one of a kind], wooden paper [under the weather]

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
weaselwatchr and Mylinn like this.
    • *gina*
      What a great page - love your chair story and so good you still have it!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Nemla
      Its a nice chair, I don't blame you ! love your page.
      mirjam likes this.
    • flowersgal
      How wonderful that the chair has new life in your home. I have a vintage wicker rocker like that but mine still carries the faded floral print of its last recovering -- probably in the early 1960's. My mother wanted to get rid of it many years ago but I begged her to hold onto it for me and she did. Love the photo of "little" you cuddling in the chair.
      mirjam likes this.
    • Iowan
      Yikes, I had to take a deep breath when you described a chair from the 1970s as an heirloom. I'm old so I'm thinking heirloom as something from the early 1900s. This would have been such a modern piece of furniture!!!! Your journaling is perfect here and I'm so glad you found someone to recover this gorgeous piece of furniture. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Cristina
      Such a great story!!
      mirjam likes this.
    • threadjungle
      So glad the chair carries on!
      mirjam likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pink Reptile Designs
    Uploaded By:
    mirjam
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    849px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).