Squirrely

March Art Journal Week 4

March Art Journal Week 4
Squirrely, Mar 29, 2017
Description:
My imagination is definitely what's gotten through so much of the health issues and disabilities I have. No laughing, but I've always identified with mermaid lore, from the time I was a little girl in the ocean pretending my legs were a fin, to the books and memorabilia I have now. Both are very grounding to me, they make me feel a solid human being if that makes any sense.

Kit: Octopus's Garden by Rebecca McKeen

Quotes -week 1 - Dory
Week 3 - Osho
Week 4 - Tinkerbell
MrsPeel and BevG like this.
    • BevG
      I really, really like this page! The colors and art work are wonderful. I especially like how your 4 scenes just all blend together. You should print this and hang it where you can see it every day.
      Squirrely likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      oh you have just got my heart with this!!!! I love full pages, love when I have a lot to discover and keep finding more, and there is most certainly a LOT of beauty and feelings here.... funny I too had a fascination with mermaids when little... then it turned into me wanting to be a classic ballet dancer, but even in the dance I always saw mermaids as an inspiration..... love the whole page, love the beauty of the whole thing and the individual spots that speak.... it makes all the sense to me!!!!!! The way you composed the scene is beautiful, I would print this and have on my wall!!!!!! Thanks once again for playing, you are talented and such a delightful person to have around..... and I feel you can understand some of what I feel even without speaking.... my disabilities have build up a frustration that I found heals with making pages.... so I think I can feel also a bit of what you feel and it takes life with your pages...thanks so much for playing !!!!!!![​IMG]
      Squirrely likes this.
    • AmberR
      i love a gorgeous art journal page - this one makes my heart happy!
      Squirrely likes this.
    • Squirrely
      @MrsPeel I believe it is your sole purpose for getting out of bed each day to find ways to make me cry. ;) Thank you so much for your sweet words, and I agree....people that need to find each other do for whatever reason. You just have to pay attention.
    • StefanieS
      Wow, you sure have an eye for colour and a rare talent for scene creation. Love this! Sorry that you have to endure health issues and disabilities, but I so appreciate you seeing the beauty in amongst it all.
      Squirrely likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Wow! This is amazing.
      Squirrely likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Squirrely
    Date:
    Mar 29, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    176 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).