December To Remember from Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Seize The Day by Sabrina's Creations

Plot Points: Elements by Allison Pennington

NARRATIVE | by one little bird

Hooked - Elements by Pink Reptile Designs

In Review - Full Kit from Sabrina's Creations

Journaling reads:

Hey Debbie,

This is Debbie from 2018 and I really hope we are doing good. As I write this I can’t
help but think of a few questions:

1. Have we retired yet? Rick wanted to retire around 2020 but we needed to continue to
work for a few years until we all (Rick and Debbie) are 66 so we could get medicare. Just
mentioning Medicare makes me wonder if Medicare is still an option for retirees. I wonder
how much has changed with your job if you have not retured. Are you still at USI or
did you decide to move on?

2.. Where are living? Rick keeps talking about possibly selling the house to the property
owner next to us but I have always been so happy where we live. If stilling living in our
home from 1980 have we remodeled again? I know you know but our house has gone
through a lot of transformations over the years.

3. How is Teddy? Teddy came to us in 2017 as a dog that I believe was mistreated so it
has been a struggle with him sometimes. Has he calmed down? Did we get another dog? We
had talked about getting another dog thinking it might help Teddy to have a friend but then
we were afraid it could cause more problems.

4. How are the grandkids doing? 2017 was a difficult year for all of us with David passing
away but it also made us realize the importance of spending time with each other. It is so
hard to believe that in just a few years (and depending on when you read this maybe already
happened) that Abby will be graduating high school. I wonder if she still wants to go into
graphic arts. Did Kendra ever get that cat/dog that she really has wanted? Has Jonathan
followed Robby with loving outdoors and hunting? I wonder if Trent has outgrown
his babiy ways (or maybe the better question would be if Jenny has let Trent grow
up)? What’s Isabel up to --- she seemed all over the place with her likes? Is Sawyer
still the WILD CHILD? Reagan is a little fireball right now who you can’t help but be
drawn to. I worry about Lincoln and how he will do with his Austism. Is Lincoln
talking yet?

5. How are we doing phsically & mentally? As you know we have struggled over the years with our
weight which has caused some depression (even though I don’t know that many people know this).
Right now in 2018 I have started another journely to get healthy which would help us loose the
weight. I discovered recently that I was having some trouble with walking and getting up from
the floor. That actuallly scared e so I hope that we have improved our condition. If we have not I
beg you to please try and do something to get healthier because it scares me just thinking we
could become so disabled that we can’t do things with the family.

6. I wonder what the world is like now. It has scared me so much over the last few years with
happenings going on (bombing, school shootings etc) as to what kind of world will our grandkids
grow up in.

7. Did we continue doing family vacations? Rick and I was just talking that if I won the Summit
aware in 2018 to take the money I won and do a big family vacation to maybe the beach. Were
we able to do that? We thought it would be nice since the grandkids are growing this might be
the last time for a big vacation.

8. Did we ever go to Yellowston & Hawaii? We have talked about going to Yellowstone possibly with
Jenny and her family -- did that happen? We enjoy seeing new pllaces so I hope we have traveled
and had some fun times

Life is so short so my little bit of wisdome to impart is to ENJOY LIFE. Don’t spend anymore time
feeling sorry for yourself and trying to change things you can’t change. Spend every day enjoying
life and loving your family (and yourself).

Love you, Debbie (your 2018 version).
Mylinn likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    rdjrneace
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    155.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).