Serena

Jenns Sketch Canoe

Jenns Sketch Canoe
Serena, May 4, 2017
Description:
My layout for the Sketch Challenge found here by the Lovely Miss Jenn. There's still time to come play until 5/9!

Credits:

Allison Pennington - Lovely Day: Patterns & Backgrounds, Lovely Day: Elements, All The Feels blog hop alpha (2016)

Just Jaimee - Storyteller Raine: Element Pack

Fiddle-dee dee Designs - Shadows {Dressed Up}

Amanda R - Wave shadow action found here.

Emily Merritt - Paperblock Templates 1

Fonts:

The Hedgie Hog by Pink Reptile Designs <3
Playfair Display
    • AllisonPennington
      I want a canoe!! (this is super cute!)
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @AllisonPennington I keep teasing my kids that one day I'm going to get in it and run away! (they laugh because it's in this pond that goes no where..) It's at this pond in the back of someone's house. I wonder if they ever see me out there taking photos of it and going "what is with that crazy lady?" Sometimes I wonder if I should just print out some of the photos and leave them in there in a plastic baggy as "payment" for getting to take so many awesome shots.

The melting ice, that just got to me and of COURSE I had to take a photo. The kids sighed and stopped and waited while I took a few, interrupting our walk and then we were back on our way towards the park. I didn't realize truly how great it would come out. I'm so happy with it.
    • jenn mccabe
      i love the way you placed that photo on this! such cool framing! the shot is amazing - the boat has such cool patina. love the way that brush of the tree looks "stamped" on the paper strips ... and how your journaling creates the trunk! Awesome awesome AWESOME!
      Serena likes this.
    • KairynLisa
      I love your take on the sketch! I love that you clipped the tree to the paper strips but also the image divided into six is pretty cool! Nice job!
      Serena likes this.
    • kendrawalter
      love that picture cut up into 6 pieces! so cool indeed!! :thumbsups
      Serena likes this.
    • bbymks5
      Love this!! That water looks so cold!!!
      Serena likes this.
    • Amson
      Just love the photo and page. All comes together so well.
      Serena likes this.
    • Saar
      Wow, this is gorgeous. Love how you split the photo.
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @jenn mccabe Thank you thank you thank you! (You taught me a new word too, I didn't know what patina was! Very cool!) I'm super glad the 'trunk' thing came out, I was hoping it made sense and that people weren't going to be like "Serena's lost it, her journaling is all ske-wonky." hee! Thanks for the sketch to play along with! It was interesting and weird at the same time and I ended up with a page I like. :)
    • Serena
      @KairynLisa Thank you ma'am! I can't take credit for the tree though! It's @AllisonPennington 's work from her Lovely Day collection! You can see the white paper with the trees in the preview and if you look at the bottom, Allison always does this REALLY cool thing where she makes alternates of each of the patterns. It's SUPER nice because sometimes I'll like a paper but the colors don't quite fit or they're too 'bold' for my tastes and so I get two or three alternates to use instead and usually one (or all) fits what I need. So in this layout, I used the alternate, the gray one that's also partially visible in the preview. I totally wish those trees were stamps!

Thank you for your sweet comment! :D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Serena
    Date:
    May 4, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    513.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).