Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 B On This Day

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 B On This Day
Genniejoy, Jan 13, 2018
Description:
Elements - Blessings page kit by ForeverJoy Designs and the papers are from Messy Bun Kind of Day Kit by Etc. by Danyale. There's also an overlay that is a really old Cm one called 'Digital Overlay - Grunge'.
Journalling
Although there are no photos for the five months following the burn, we had weekly visits back and forth to the burns unit in the city, while I was pregnant with your brother. It was during those many awful visits where the staff would check your wounds, trying to get a burns suit to fit (the first was too small, the second too large) that we met 'The Clown Doctors'. These cheerful fun-loving 'Doctors' blew bubbles, laughed, teased and generally distracted you and the other child patients from the pain and distress you were in. This Clown Doctor in particular became your favourite. You were terrified and would scream as we approached the 'exam room' when your name was called. 'Dr Peg' was the only one who could get you calm and distracted as they unwrapped, checked and re-wrapped your wounds. The one from where they took the skin graft was especially bad as the bandage often moved and got stuck to your open wound. There were times I couldn't handle your screams and suffering. But I am so grateful for these embarrassing people who wore undies on their heads! They helped you when I couldn't. I am truly Thankful for them and their medicine!
    • HeatherB
      These doctors sound wonderful - just perfect for kids to feel safe and have a little fun. Loved reading about this. You have a gift with words. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Genniejoy
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    211.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).