Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 A On This Day

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 A  On This Day
Genniejoy, Jan 13, 2018
Description:
Title - Blessings page kit by ForeverJoy Designs and the papers are from Messy Bun Kind of Day Kit by Etc. by Danyale. There's also an overlay that is a really old CM one called 'Digital Overlay - Grunge'.
Journalling:
Today is a day I will never forget. I will forever remember this day with the greatest of grief and the greatest of thanksgiving, by choice. This is the day that changed my life, and yours, forever. I had just poured a mug of steaming hot boiling water and put it on my desk. I turned to say something to your dad, took a step back into the kitchen from my desk where you were toddling about as you often did, wearing my favourite outfit on you, a white skivvy and the cute woollen knitted jumper that friends had given us, when your screams pierced the air! I turned and took in everything at once, the mug on the floor, evidence of water, you standing there screaming...I scooped you up and ran for the bathroom yelling over my shoulder for Peter to call the ambulance. I thrust you straight under the cold shower but you fought me with all your strength as you resisted the water hitting your face. Between your twisting and turning and screaming from pain the freezing water just couldn't penetrate the thickness of the double woollen collar and before long your precious skin bubbled up and over that collar and I screamed for Peter to come as I got your clothes off as fast as I could. Peter came to see your skin falling off in fresh pink layers and had to take over holding you as I tried not to faint or be ill. I was drenched and had just changed when the ambulance officers arrived. It had been 12 minutes since we called and we'd held you under the freezing water for too long. You'd started going into a hypothermic shock. They wrapped you in a heat blanket, told us all we'd done wrong and bundled us into the ambulance. I will never forget listening to your agonising screams until the pain injections finally took hold. Sitting in the emergency room of the local hospital and trying to call those who mattered, I waited. You were gratefully asleep from the drugs they'd filled you with when after an hour we were back in the ambulance and transported to the Royal Children's Hospital in the city and admitted to the Burns Ward. After two days we were sent home to watch and pray. We had actually done some things right. Your entire stomach was saved from that freezing water hitting you so hard and long, but that thick woollen collar and your twisting and turning kept the cold water from getting to your neck and you were left with three badly burned patches of skin. We had to watch and pray. Sadly, they didn't heal. They were 3rd degree burns! Two surgeries and hospital stays later saw skin grafts taken and transplanted and you still bear those scars today and you hate them. Back then they said, 'They will fade with time'. But they didn't, they have stretched and grown as you have. I was so traumatised that I unknowingly didn't take another photo of you for 5 months, not until Christmas. Much later I found this photo 6 months on from then. You can just see your tender pink little scar emerging above your T-shirt. The pain and suffering I saw of others in that ward and your suffering after the surgeries will be with me forever. I'm still sorry for your scars and all the questions about them still, but I am so thankful that it wasn't worse and that I still have you! I love you mate!
Tree City likes this.
    • busywoman139
      Oh my dear, what a story!! I am sorry this accident happened. I know the feeling of helplessness as you are trying to make quick decisions while also being overrun with fear while trying to comfort someone in pain. (I just did a page yesterday about an injury my son had at a young age as well!) I do hope that doing this page and the journaling helps you heal your heart in some way. Hugs to you!
    • HeatherB
      You captured my attention with your well-written journaling - you really place us right there next to you as this happened. So sorry that the accident happened. Thanks for sharing it with us, that must have been difficult. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Genniejoy
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    215.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).