klee73010

Feet Scars

Feet Scars
klee73010, Feb 2, 2018
Description:
Font: Lluc; Doctor's Prescription and Grungy and Messy alpha by Little Butterfly Wings

Journaling:
As I remember it, Mom was very pregnant with Jacob, and couldn't move around very quickly. I was 4, and Kari was almost 2, and the two of us were taking a bath. Mom went to answer a phone call from Grandma, and left us in the tub, but she told me to drain the water to get ready to get out. Kari did not like that, and decided to turn the water back on. When she did, the temperature was on hot. I didn't know how to turn it to the right temperature, and the water got hot really fast. We tried standing on the side of the tub, but kept falling in. Mom assumed we were arguing with each other when we were crying. The hot water heater was set entirely too high and we lost layers of skin. We rode in an ambulance to the emergency room. We were in the hospital for a week, had surgery to replace the skin with pig’s skin. We went home after that, and Mom went back to the hospital a week later to have Jacob. We couldn't walk for a while. We had wheelchairs for a bit, and as we were healing, had to walk on our heels.
    • Iowan
      OMG, how awful. It is hard to believe that tap water could be set that high. Your poor mother, have to take care of 3 non- ambulatory children. Thanks for sharing your remembrances. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      klee73010 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    klee73010
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).