cfile

Family [MOC5 day 24 quick cluster]

Family [MOC5 day 24 quick cluster]
cfile, Jan 24, 2017
Description:
1954 slides of my Mom & my paternal Grandfather dancing at my Dad's cousin's wedding. This was the year before my parents married. Mom was 19 here.

Credits:
Bella Gypsy - Harmony (challenge freebie)
Sahlin Studio - Chesterfield
font: Times New Roman
sahlink, lorieh and KarenB like this.
    • mcurtt
      Another fantastic vintage layout! @cfile Can I ask what you are using to convert your slides to digital? I've got a slide scanner, but I'm not happy with the results.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @mcurtt I used a slide scanner as well. Sometimes I had issues with color or lots of lint on them, that in post processing I fixed but for the most part that is how I did it. I know I scanned slides multiple times too.. forgetting I scanned them before so I pick whichever looked better. These I think I fixed a while ago with the lint issue. Thank you for the compliment :) I fix using sometimes Portrait Professional which is a plug in to fix faces.. other times with healing brush and content aware tools in Photo Shop depending on what needs fixing. I have my parents wedding slides from 1955 and I am thrilled with them. I have cleaned up a few and if I cannot fix color then I change to B/W. Good luck. @mcurtt if I can help you in any way, let me know.
    • flowersgal
      Love the vintage layout and the way you used the parts of the cluster.
    • mcurtt
      @cfile My biggest complaint is awful color. Do you adjust color settings in your scanner? Or do you just upload them to your computer & fix them with Photoshop? With my slide scanner, you make a change & you are doing it blind. You have no idea what your modifications have done to the color. So you adjust, scan, grimace & then start over.
      cfile likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      GASP... this is breathtaking! Wonderful heritage layout. You've customized this cluster like a pro! Love the word art and the border paper ties the layout together beautifully with your dress and draws you right into the photos. Wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along!
      p.s. thanks for explaining your scanning process. I need to tackle some slides too.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @mcurtt this is the slide scanner I have (an older version but the same.. it is a wolverine) It also scans negatives. I basically scan them in, no adjustments can be done on them.. I adjust them in Photoshop (I now have LR, but still use PS mostly) [and sometimes Portrait Professional plug in if there are faces involved.] You can see what is being scanned via the viewfinder. I really like it.. The scanner that is like a copier , I had that a while back too, and did not care for it. The Wolverine is pretty good. Here is the thing from Amazon on the similar one that I have. https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Di...-TV-Out/dp/B002TKMG92/ref=zg_bs_5728049011_16 You put slides in the tray and slide them through and press the button to scan as you slide each one in. The same goes with the 35 mm negatives. After a bit it is like a system you get going.. 4 slides in ... scan scan scan scan... remove 4 slides replace 4 slides... all slides scan onto an SD card chip and then you take the SD and put it in your computer. EZ!! Hope that helps!
    • cfile
      Thanks @keepscrappin for your comments and the fun challenge. If you see above the link I put in for Amazon of the similar slide scanner I use. :) The slides above are my Mom & my Grandfather :)
    • StefanieS
      Fabulous, love the clearly vintage photos/slides, lovely use of the whimsy and perfect take on the challenge.
      cfile likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      @cfile - what resolution does that scanner scan to? 300 ppi? 600 ppi? Just wondering if they would be big enough for enlarged prints and full photo 12x12 layouts. TIA
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @keepscrappin it is showing 96 however with that being said, the images are Approx 26.25in X 17.5in and 2520 pixel X 1680 pixel and 12.1M size so as for your scrapping books at 12X12 it will be fine. The quality is fine.

Here is product info: "Wolverine has created a very simple to use device to convert all your 35mm film into a 5 mega pixel JPEG digital images in seconds. So simple to use, it only requires a push of button - NO computer or software is needed.Use it right out of the box to convert all your 35mm Negatives and Slides by simply plugging it into an AC outlet or any USB port. All images are saved on internal memory or external SD memory card for your convenience to instantly play them on the unit's color screen, TV or upload them to your computer."
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).