BevG

Mei's Tree

Mei's Tree
BevG, Apr 17, 2018
Description:
March 2018 Pink Reptile Designs template challenge
Tales of Spring Paper and Elements by Pink Reptile Designs
Sisters Kit by Pink Reptile Designs

The Chinese character is my daughter's name and is also the name of this tree, the flowering plum. It is honored by the Chinese for its tenacity to bloom in the winter. Turns out they will grow here in NC and this one is in my front yard. Photo taken Feb 20.
jenn mccabe and Mylinn like this.
    • jazzmatazz
      LOVE the delicate colors of your patterned papers and elements that so beautifully echo those of the flowers in the photo. And the clean design really lets that photo shine! The journaling strips are a wonderful, meaningful touch, reflecting your daughter's name. Our daughter's Chinese name means, "red luck." Since red is also seen as a lucky color in Chinese culture, I guess she is doubly lucky. Simply exquisite LO!
      BevG likes this.
    • fanon
      love the sweet color and this beautiful photo !
      BevG likes this.
    • Mylinn
      Stunning photo. Love the journaling and your colors are awesome!! Thanks for the round robin fun :)
      BevG likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      We were in the city right after Christmas not too long ago, and it was a pretty mild winter - there were pink blooms everywhere. I wonder if it was the flowering plum? It was in Columbus Park in Chinatown. How lucky you are to have one of these beauties in your yard. Gorgeous photo Bev! I love everything about this beautiful page - including the story behind it! :)
      BevG likes this.
    • BevG
      @jenn mccabe - Could be. It is also known as the Japanese apricot. The bare branches with pink flowers you see in Chinese prints, paintings, etc. are from this tree. It usually blooms in February here in NC. Prunus mume is the Latin name.

p.s. The story is documented already in several other scrapbooks.
    • mirjam
      What a SUPER pretty page Bev! That photo is stunning and I love how the muted colored patterns seem to hug it and how the bright yellow block makes it shine!!! VERY clever design! LOVE it!
      BevG likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pink Reptile Designs
    Uploaded By:
    BevG
    Date:
    Apr 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).