dotcomkari

Any Condition Any Circumstance

Any Condition Any Circumstance
dotcomkari, Feb 17, 2018
Description:
Just Jaimee: April 16 Storyteller, Hadley Storyteller, Heartfelt, Bad Day Strips, Luka
Little Butterfly Wings: M3 Feb 2018 Add On
Pink Reptile Designs and Etc by Danyalle: Just My Type
Heather Joyce: The Alishka

Mental illness is nothing to hide… signs should be shared.. Stories should be told.. Lives would be saved.
With tears in your eyes you walked into my room in the middle of the night. “Hold me” you said. I held you in my arms and wiped away your tears. You were shivering and crying. “Mom I am scared”. You said. I knew something was wrong, very wrong, by the look in your eyes. “Mom hold me while I die…” you finally choked out. You scared the sh*t out of me. What? What? You had swallowed a bunch of pills. You wanted to die. My 14 year old baby wanted to die. I wanted to hold you tight and honestly strangle you at the same time . I felt as if I had failed as a mother.
I rushed you to the ER and held you close as they pumped your stomach. Doctors asked a million questions and I could barely answer. I blanked out the world as they strolled you away to the psych unit. This hadn’t been the first time I committed you, you had battled anxiety and depression for a while. I thought we had this under control. No amount of motherly training or advice could have prepared me for this. I just sat there in shock, numb with my heart breaking for my child.
You screamed and yelled; called me every name in the book on the phone. Sometimes as a mother you may feel as if you failed, but the truth in the matter is there is truly nothing you can do but listen. Yes, I know there are many who believe my choice to hospitalize my 14 year old daughter for mental health issues is wrong, even you my dear Bianca, but I pray one day you will understand what I did was out of unconditional love. You are in the best place for you right now. No matter how hard it is on the both of us. You are getting the help you desperately need to live the life you deserve.
    • AnneofAlamo
      I am here Kari, hearing your words. My son at age 11 is in a residential treatment center right now...just hit 2nd month. His emotions are so off the chart. I cry, I second guess, but woman, what we can really only do, is keep loving him thru the anger. We have been in and out of mental facilities for 5 days at a time for the last year. I no longer care what others think, I just want support from those who love me! Hang on Sista!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I saw your post on Facebook. You know I am here if you need us, want to vent/moan talk, anything....either here or FB if you tag me, I ll try be here for you as soon as possible... I wish I could do more than just talk or virtual huggzz, but by my own experience on going through tough times, sometimes the virtual friends have been more helpful and supportive than the flesh people I have around. Love you, huge huge hugggzz
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      All I can say is "Thank you" for sharing this painful story. I do believe sharing your story may help someone else.
    • cfile
      oh my dear Kari. Big hugs.. there are no words. I am just so glad she came to you and you could get her the help she needs. Big hugs and I do hope that she will be okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. You are very brave and strong for sharing. Much love.
    • Karen
      SOB! Oh my dear, what a beautiful (and heart-wrenching) letter to your daughter. Thank God she came in to see you and that you were able to get her help. I can't imagine anyone thinking you are doing the wrong thing getting your daughter the help she needs and even your daughter will thank you someday. Stay strong until then Momma and keep loving her the way you are! She's SO lucky to have you.
    • Chippi
      Oh wow. You are so brave to share this. I absolutely agree, it needs to be talked about and more accepted. My husband deals anxiety and depression and his own parents tell him to "just get over it" or "it is all in his head". It is a horrible path to go down and you are doing the absolute best you can. I hope she improves and makes it through this awful time with a smile at the end. Love to both of you!!
    • Dalis
      Kari, I am so sorry I just heard about this! I am so sorry Bianca is going through this. Reading this, rattles me because as you know our babies have the same name. Know that at that moment she was looking for your help and I am so glad you were there to help her out. Hospitalizing her was a hard decision and one that only you as a mom know in your heart if it was the right for you all, specially for her. Don't worry about what others think, say or do, just think about Bianca. HUGS!
    • jenn mccabe
      being a mother is the hardest thing in the world. i have a good friend who goes through this daily. you are her everything - stay strong. she needs you and she is so lucky she has you. thinking of all of you and putting my arms around you gently in a show of support for the hard decisions you've had to make. make sure you are taking care of yourself as well. lots of love Kari.
    • bcnatty
      Oh Kari....my heart is breaking for you! Take heart in the fact that she turned to you in her time of need and that you were there for her. You did absolutely the right decision...and don't let anyone tell you differently!! Thank you for sharing this difficult story and big hugs to you, Bianca and the rest of your family!!
    • londoncuppa
      Kari - I echo all of the sentiments expressed by everyone else here. I’ve gone through a similar experience with one of my daughters, and it is gut-wrenching. I can’t tell you how much I admire your bravery in sharing your story. Maybe one day I’ll be brave too. Your family is my prayers. Love ya and big hugs, Kari!! :heartlub
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Feb 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    122.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).