cfile

Greyfriar's Kirkyard - Edinburgh Scotland (MOC4 - 3 Text Tech)

Greyfriar's Kirkyard - Edinburgh Scotland (MOC4 - 3 Text Tech)
cfile, Jan 3, 2016
Description:
Credits:
Kate Hadfield's Sketchbook pages 8 | Wizardry | Art Joodles Mixed Bag 1 for arrow
Title font: Segoe UI Bold - font size 24, tracking 0, vertically scaled 200%, horizontally scaled 119%
Journal Font: Special Elite Regular - font size 8, tracking 15, vertically scaled 115 %, horizontally scaled 115%

Journaling:
Greyfriar’s Kirkyard is one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world. It is haunted by George MacKenzie, and he is called the MacKenzie poltergeist. While most people come to visit the cemetery because of the Harry Potter books by JKRowling, it is very rich in Scottish history. Located on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, it is also famous for the Greyfriars Bobby, a skye Terrier. Many have been said to have left the cemetery after visiting with cuts, scrapes, bruises and broken bones just like many of the prisoners buried there had. I can tell you first hand, that the cemetery is haunted. My photos here reflect it! I was also in front of the Thomas Riddell grave when my legs were pulled out from under me and I had trouble getting up. I am still having issues with pain from the fall and there was no reason for it. Haunted? Indeed!
Kat and KarenB like this.
    • Spacecadetswife
      That photo and story are spooky! I can't believe I was there and didn't make it to that cemetery. Too much stuff to do, and I plum forgot.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Spacecadetswife it was right across from the Elephant Café.. believe me that is not photoshopped and if you look at the bottom photo the ghost moved on the step.. plus look at the other page I made with the Tom Riddell grave.. I fell in front of it with nothing around me to trip on... it was like my feet were yanked out from under me.. My husband was a witness as was Mr. Ferguson. They were fine, me I was on the ground!
    • HeatherB
      That is so spooky! Great photos and I like how you highlighted the ghost in your photos.
    • KarenB
      Oooh spooky! I know the story of Greyfriars Bobby, but didn't know it was haunted. Your page is so atmospheric.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      KarenB likes this.
    • Karen
      Oh! So spooky! I think I'll enjoy the view only from your photos! Very cool that you got to go there though! Even if you came home with bruises as souvenirs... probably not what you had in mind!
      cfile likes this.
    • krscraps
      How spooky. I love how the photo really helps to tell the story.
      cfile likes this.
    • Gerli
      Wonderful Photos and LO - wow
      cfile likes this.
    • Kat
      Ok maybe I changed my mind about going inside. lol!
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Jan 3, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    229.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).