9-7 speed scrap - goodbye Avi

9-7 speed scrap - goodbye Avi
michelepixels, Sep 7, 2017
Description:
background paper from Naturelle by Pink Reptile Designs
all 3 circular stamps from Music Brushes by Paula Kesselring
note stamps from Messed Up Stamps by Dawn Inskip
note pattern paper from MixTape by Forever Joy
circle pattern paper and flair from The Movies Edition by Little Butterfly Wings (recolored)
word strip from Positive Spin by One Little Bird
tape from Believe in Yourself by Dawn Inskip
pink notes from Spring Concerto by Kristin Aagard
music starburst from New Years Eve by Sahlin Studio
heart scatter from Cherish by Just Jaimee
photos from a Pentatonix fan online
Gary Oxlade, bbymks5 and Cath_ like this.
    • jagruti patel
      love all the musical notes and the stamps! lovely!
    • bcgal00
      I love your page but am bummed to hear that the bass singer is leaving. I hope they get someone really awesome. I never get tired of listening to them or seeing their videos!
    • Cath_
      how did you find all music elments in such short time?
    • jang
      Great use of the music circles on your cute layout.
    • bbymks5
      This is awesome!!! The music note stamps behind the photos look so cool!
    • Juliestcyr
      What?? I did not know he was leaving! I love how it almost looks like there is scrapbook paper in the background of the photo on the top left.
    • Gary Oxlade
      Love it
    • michelepixels
      @Cath_ The speed with which I find my digiscrap elements is thanks to 2.5 things. :) 1. The iMac search engine, combined with 2. the designers' good file naming habits. The best file naming habit is making the the name descriptive, so when I do a search in my files, I see all my choices for whatever I searched for. I can search for "button" or "beach" or "music" and get many results. As for music specifically, that's my ".5" thing (I said thanks to 2.5 things above :) Because music is something very important to me, when I buy a kit that has anything music-themed I check to see if music is in the filename already and if it isn't I add it or tag it. I don't tag much; only when there's something I want to make sure comes up in future searches.

Oh! I thought of another helpful thing I do that makes it easy to find what I want to use. I change the folder icons in my files. I replace the blue folder icon with the kit preview image. So even though I dump all my TLP stash into one folder, I can scroll through it and see at a glance what I have. This is especially helpful when I'm looking for particular colors, because color isn't usually in the filename. If you'd like to know how to change folder icons to kit previews, I wrote a blog post about it long ago. It's for iMac, but I bet there's a similar procedure for PC. https://michelekendzie.wordpress.co...al-discovery-changing-folder-icons-on-my-mac/
      Juliestcyr likes this.
    • michelepixels
      @bcgal00 @Juliestcyr I'm in a Facebook group called Pentaholics and follow all the band members on FB and Twitter and IG. It was mid-summer when they made a tearful video in which Avi explained that touring was taking a lot out of him. He did complete this summer's tour though. He's also producing his own music (Avriel and The Sequoias) but that's not why he left; all 5 of them have produced their own music. In fact Scott and Mitch just published their first Superfruit album (which I love and listen to a lot now), with another one coming soon. In an interview with Mitch and Scott later in the summer, they said they are taking their time to find a new bass singer because Avi can't be replaced. :heartlub
      bcgal00 and Juliestcyr like this.
    • Juliestcyr
      @michelepixels Yes on the tagging, yes on changing the folder icon! I also use a Mac, and I tag elements I haven't used yet purple (I like to track what I actually use). I also tag fasteners, bits of string, threads, stitching... anything I consider "neutral" but kinda essential in blue. When a speed scrap calls for a fastener, I just do a search for the blue tag and I have my pick. It also makes it easy to add those little touches to the end of a LO. Next up, I am looking for a way to make browsing my fonts and stamps easier.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    michelepixels
    Date:
    Sep 7, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    291.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    1000px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).