bjthomas

23-Walls_Manorom

23-Walls_Manorom
bjthomas, Jan 26, 2017
Description:
MOC5 Day 23 - If These Walls Could Talk (journaling challenge)
arrows, buttons, flower, tape: A Daring Adventure
staples, stamp, postcard: Away We Go
luggage tags, globe, envelope: Butterfly Basics – Travel edition
papers: You Are Here, Storytellers, A Daring Adventure
alpha: It’s Not Just Black & White
template: My Travel Journal
font: Courier New
journaling:
40 years ago, these hallways were not as quiet as they are today. We heard everything - from the painful cry of a mother in her last stages of labor to the sweet gasps of a first breath as the baby entered the world. 40 years ago, we were sentry to a labor & delivery ward, a recovery wing, and a wellness clinic for babies and mommies alike. 40 years ago, as Bangkok was facing its bloodiest day in history, we welcomed a blue-eyed, blond-haired baby into the world. Today, that baby is a woman and has come back for a visit. As she snaps her pictures for her scrapbooks, we stand proud. Proud of our role in protecting the mothers and babies from the heat of the sun and the downpour of rain. We stand as a testament to the humble service of a few missionaries who had the vision of a wellness clinic which served both missionaries and locals together.
MrsPeel likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      such a cool page - adore the way you worked these travel journal templates. really awesome work !
      bjthomas likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      Bethany..... you had me tearing with your journaling..... such an amazing piece, so beautifully redacted, emotional and perfect storytelling!!!!!!!!!! What a privilege to have been part of something as marvelous as the creation of a clinic, and being born with such a huge important role in history.... gorgeous take on the template, love that arrow on top and the tag peeking out, the layering is awesome!!! you make me want to ask my mum if the clinic where I was born still stands.... loving your page!!!!!!
      Thanks so much for playing with us!!!!![​IMG]
      bjthomas likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    128.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).