AnneofAlamo

11moc6-seg-date-whit

11moc6-seg-date-whit
AnneofAlamo, Jan 11, 2018
Description:
This is a hard one to share, as I am a very upbeat person, sad is something I don't do well,and well, I fight the emotion of failure to my child. This is one of the hardest choices of my life:

We took no photos on this day.
It isn’t one to celebrate, but it is one
I will remember forever.
December 14, 2017,
We left very early in the morning, cold and dark. We stopped in Belen for breakfast. It was much colder and the sun was bright.The fear and tension was thick
December 14, 2017
We drove four hours to admit our 11 year old son; Whitley to a residential treatment center. The estimation of his stay; six to nine months. It looked like a jail.
December 14, 2017
The trauma of life had overwhelmed us all, and Whitley needed more help than we could give. The explosive anger and depression showed a deeper pain and suffering. Therapist, psychologist and staff were around Whitley. He was safe, and exactly where he needed to be. That didn’t stop the pain.
December 14, 2017
The walking on egg shells is over. Our home begins to feel normal. Laughter is heard more.No longer prisoners in our own home. The healing begins for the whole family with this date.
December 14, 2017
184 Words
Amy Wolff Bittersweet
Rebecca McMeen Meloy
Little Butterfly Wings Broken Wings and Fear of the Dark
Kristin Aagard Jailbird (tears)
font is freestyle Script
Mylinn, kellygirl! and melaniedesigns like this.
    • andersm
      Anne! I knew you were going through some hard things in recent months but I didn't know it was this bad. I'm so happy that you sought help for your sweet family! <3
    • jagruti patel
      OH Anne! I am sorry about you are going through, but glad you are working it out. Life can be tough, I have no advise, just sending hugs your way. Your page is lovely and glad you can write and share about it.
    • Karen
      This layout so deftly captures the pain and turmoil of that awful (and hopeful) day for your family. Know that you've been in my prayers that his stay helps him and heals him and teaches him to cope so that you can be back together as soon as possible.
    • Tangie Baxter
      Anne, I am so moved by your tender feelings and willingness to share this with us all. You are a courageous woman in so many ways, my prayers will be with you and your family. Your page itself is steeped in deep emotion and you captured a feeling in a hauntingly beautiful way. Huge hugs for you!
      cfile likes this.
    • plumdumpling
      What a difficult day that must have been for you...and continues to be. Wishing you much healing and happiness for your entire family.
    • *gina*
      So sorry about your are going through. What a difficult day it must have been. Your page is great. Thanks for sharing.
    • cfile
      oh Anne.. hugs a bunch.. what a difficult event to journalize, however it is what Whitley needs to get better. I embrace you with hugs thoughts and prayers to you and your family, especially Whitley. Your art journaling of the event. I do hope was carthardic, and will help you vent it out. Love you my dear friend. hugs a bunch. Love all the paints and such to make this page. XO
      Genniejoy likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      BIG HUGS to you Anne! You didn't fail your child, you're getting him the help he truly needs! You're a hero in my book! Love how you've captured the emotions that went into the hard choices you guys made to take care of him and the rest of your family. God bless you all.
    • Sokee
      (((Hugs)) praying
      You always catch me right in my heart with your honesty.
    • carrie1977
      Wow....Anne...this layout is just...wow.
      I'll keep your family and Whitley especially in my prayers. I can only imagine how hard that must have been.
      Big, big hugs!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    AnneofAlamo
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    365.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).